Monday, August 27, 2012

Pressies for all

I've been sewing (really???!!!???) and I made a few pressies for people. This cushion was for dear friend and cat lover, nearly Dr A. I hope it made her smiley and doesn't make her cat think it is competition.


The fabric patches are a mix of cats and kittens and this awesome cat newspaper print. Not too cutesy but lots of fun. The back turned out pretty wonky (sorry nearly Dr A) but it is such an awesome fabric, combining cats and cocktails, two very awesome things according to the receiver.


I managed to make the quilt below in a day. Just one day! I was impressed with my little sewing self and it didn't look ruches. It also didn't need to be done in a day, I just got caught up in the fun of it all. It is just a little lap quilt, only a bit over a metre each side and was for my wonderful cousin A's birthday (not Nearly Dr A, they're two different people.) The squares were from a precut charm pack but the black in between and binding were my choice and cut. It turned out really well I reckon, not bad for a day's work.



I also made a few things for rellos overseas which I don't want to give details of yet, because they wont be getting them for a few weeks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment