Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Bacon Cave

Between Katoomba, the land of the '70s to Canberra, the oddly over-designed '90s vibe capital city, we visited a different relic of another era - the Jenolan Caves. The drive in was the most terrifying thing I've done in a while (lucky I wasn't even the one driving) but that's probably my fear of heights thing. Alas we did not stay overnight, so we couldn't do the ghost tour of the caves, but we did get a bit of a tour of some of the highlights.

There were so many beautiful rock formations.


My favourite was bacon rock!


And here is Lot's pillar.



And even an underground river.


I loved this place, and would definitely go back and stay if I could. This is the lovely old hotel building.



Ear ache or not, this was a great detour!

No comments:

Post a Comment